Saturday, August 11, 2018

Zucchini Noodles and Chicken Meatballs

It's the WEEKEND!!!! And today was busy! I didn't post yesterday because we went out to eat and therefore, obviously didn't cook! But I'm back at it today. This meal was incredibly easy and budget friendly! I think total it cost about $8 and some change!



I'm always looking for healthy versions of my favorite dishes, and one of those is spaghetti and meatballs! This is a delicious and much healthier version! So I won't ramble further... here's my version of Zucchini Spaghetti and Chicken Meatballs! 

*** Preheat oven to 350 degrees***

Ingredients for Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
-  pepper to taste
1. Mix all of the above ingredients together. Feel free to add any other spices/flavorings you desire!
2. Lightly grease or spray a mini muffin pan 
3. Roll meat mixture into balls slightly larger than 1 inch in diameter. They should fit perfectly into the mini muffin sections, but not stuffed.
4. Cook at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until internal temperature of at least 170 degrees is reached. 

*** While the meatballs are baking.... ***

When making Zucchini noodles you will need 1-1.5 large zucchini per person. I don't have a fancy spiralizer or anything, I simply use a julienne peeler and peel down the zucchini until you can't peel anymore. ( I know that sounds weird, but you'll see what I mean. When you get closer to the middle of the zucchini, it will break and the core won't peel as well). I normally cut up the unused part and saute it for later. 
1. Make Zucchini Noodles
2. Heat drizzle of olive oil in saute pan/ skillet
3. Saute zucchini noodles until soft, turning often and adding your favorite seasonings. I used Cavender's greek seasoning tonight, but I often use garlic salt and pepper too! 

When the meatballs are done baking, remove from pan(s) so they don't continue cooking. 
Plate with zoodles first and place chicken meatballs on top. As pictured above you can eat with or without spaghetti sauce! I has some leftover from the Portobella Mushroom Pizzas so I went ahead with it! 

Enjoy! As always, please leave questions, comments, or pics of how yours turned out!

For more things Nutrition and Fitness, please visit: www.kcclassiclifestyle.com




No comments:

Post a Comment