Thursday, August 9, 2018

Portabella Mushroom Pizza

It's Thursday!!!! Only one more day left in the typical work week!!!! Who's ready for FRIDAY????
This girl is that's for sure!

So this recipe was an impulse buy from ALDI yesterday. I was walking through the produce section trying to figure out some new and different ways to incorporate more vegetables into my meals. Then I saw the two packs of beautiful portabella mushroom caps.... hum, What creative dish can I come up with and use these???

So like any perplexed person, I consulted the all knowing GOOGLE. There were several recipes, but one caught my eye.... PIZZA!

Oh Pizza. The thing we all love, but we know isn't on the top of the healthy food list. So I thought, here goes nothing!

Portabella Mushroom pizza:

Ingredients:  (I didn't put amounts because it really would depend on the size of your mushroom cap and how many you are making, but I'm quite confident that you are all intelligent people and can figure out the proper amounts :) ) 
- Portabella mushroom cap (s)
- Pizza/ Spaghetti sauce
- Minced garlic
- Italian or pasta seasoning (basil, oregano, thyme and garlic salt mixture or something similar)
- Olive Oil
- Pepperoni (or other pizza toppings)
- Cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven on broil to 500
2. Mix olive oil ( I used about 2-3 tbsp for one), minced garlic, and italian seasoning together in a small bowl.
*** Now, unless you just like the earthy taste of raw mushroom, I highly suggest the next two steps**
3. Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a pan.
4. Brush mushroom cap(s) with the olive oil mixture, then sautee in heated pan. about 2 minutes per side so that the mushroom is cooked through. Be careful, as this step will make the mushroom more delicate.
5. Place the mushroom top down onto an olive oil coated baking sheet.
6. spoon about 2 tbsp into each mushroom cap- more or less to taste
7. Sprinkle cheese onto each mushroom cap- approximately 1/4 cup per top- give or take depending on your desire of cheesiness.
8. add remaining toppings. In my case, the pepperonis. I cut mine into 4ths so they fit better.
9. Place mushroom cap(s) in preheated oven for about 7 minutes. PLEASE be sure to watch! Every oven broils differently and so you don't want your mushrooms to burn!

Enjoy!

As always, please feel free to leave comments and questions!

Also if you like these recipes, please visit my Fitness and Nutrition website for more!
www.kcclassiclifestyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment