Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Healthy doesn't have to be hard!

Happy Tuesday everyone


I hope everyone has had a great day! Today was super busy and I honestly haven't had much time to meal prep or make a big shopping trip, but that doesn't mean I can't whip something healthy up for my family. I just have to be creative with what I have on hand! So here is today's super simple recipe!

Sausage, zucchini, and noodle bowl! Yep that easy!


I had to go to Birmingham this afternoon- which if you're unfamiliar with the geography of my area, its about 45 minutes away if there's no traffic! Anyways, that didn't leave me much time to plan or go shopping this evening. So I get home and open the fridge and start thinking about what's in there and what I can possibly throw together....

I had some chicken and quinoa left over from last night (see recipe from yesterday), a large batch of bow tie pasta I had made for my daughter's lunches this week, some chicken sausages, grapes, blueberries, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, half and onion, and some zucchini. Random right?!?

Then it hit me! I'll take the chicken sausage and zucchini and chop them up and sautee with some onion! Then I'll toss it with the pasta and sprinkle some light seasoning on it and viola! A healthy, delicious, quick dinner from stuff I already had at the house!

Ingredients:
2 aidelles Chicken and Apple sausages cut into cubes
2 medium to large zucchini cut in to cubes
1/2 onion diced
1/3 box of bow tie pasta, cooked (more or less for your preference)
drizzle of olive oil to cook zucchini and sausage
favorite seasonings!

1. cut sausage and zucchini into cubes/bite sized pieces
2. warm olive oil in sautee pan and add sausage, zucchini, and onion
3. let cook until sausage is done and zucchini and onion are soft.
4. add pasta and toss together until mixed well.
5. add seasonings and stir until pasta is warm and seasoning is mixed in.

Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment